Materials required: computer, projector, whiteboard or copied blackline master.
Look at the map below. This is where Indigenous people now live. Look and see where they are located. Can you find some of the rivers and coastlines?
- Find five communities in New Brunswick that are situated along a river. Write down their names.
- Find five communities in New Brunswick that are situated near the coast. Write down their names.
- Why are the communities along the river yellow?
- Why are the communities by the coast red?
- What two First Nations do these communities belong to?
- Are there more communities in another province? Write down the three that are closest to the borders of New Brunswick. What First Nation are these communities from?
- Put the name of the First Nation over the names of the communities that are along the river and those along the coast.